There are no current openings for the 2019/2020 school year. Families that reach out to us will be placed on the waiting list and will be contacted when the intake process begins again in the Spring of 2020 for the 2020/2021 school year.
We currently admit students in grades Pre-K 3 through Kindergarten. Once admitted into our program, students will continue receiving services through the 5th grade as needed and within our scope of practice.
Students in the ANGEL Program are expected to function with minimal disruptions in a typical classroom setting. Our target population is children who are higher functioning and have language skills just below or on par with their typical peers.
Our Waiting List
There is currently a waiting list for Pre-K 3 through Kindergarten. If a space becomes available, the Program Coordinator will begin reaching out to those on the wait list to inquire if they are still interested in attending the program and begin the intake process.
Our Intake Process
We now have a 5-Step Intake Process:
1. Phone Interview: A 30-45 minute phone interview with parents/guardians.
2. In-Person Interview: A 45 minute to an hour in-person interview with parents/guardians and prospective student.
3. Assessment #1: A 3-hour assessment based on the Verbal Behavior and Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP).
4. Assessment # 2: The child will come for a half-day in the regular classroom with the support and observation of Angel Staff.
5. Observation: An observation will be conducted at the child's current school or program.
You will be asked to share any previous psychological, psychoeducational or behavioral assessments, IEPs, or any other relevant reports that would better assist us with understanding your child's unique needs.